In Our society ratio of heart diseases increasing day by day especially heart strokes, heart attacks etc. The purpose of this article is to give awareness about how people get your heart save from these diseases and what things they do to get their heart healthy. Before starting we should know about our heart work?
Working of Heart
Our body needs oxygen to perform their function properly, so heart is the major organ that is responsible to supply blood all over the body parts.
- Heart is divided into two sides separated by a muscular wall eg: Left side and Right side
- Pocket like structure in heart called chambers and these upper and lower chambers are interconnected by valves that control the unidirectional flow of blood.
- There are 4 chambers of heart
- Two upper chambers are Atria and two lowers chambers called ventricles
- Heart pumping and proper functioning is controlled by special fibers which are SA node, AV nodes, Purkinje fibers and bundle of His.
- Right uppers chambers pump deoxygenated blood to the lungs and then where gases exchange then blood carry oxygen move to the left ventricles. This left side provide oxygen to all parts of the body.
Healthy Tips for Heart Care
Some tips we are going to discuss here to keep your heart healthy
1) Get rid of Smoking
If you want to get your heart healthier so avoid smoking. Because smoking blocking those blood vessels of heart which contributing to blood supply to heart and other parts of our body. Decrease blood supply caused by narrowing or blockage of arteries due to smoking and this disease called as atherosclerosis.
2) Maintaining Blood Pressure
Reason of high blood pressure is also a reason to damage your heart lead to severe heart diseases. Our normal blood pressure range is 120/80mmHg and high blood pressure range is 140/90mmHg. Medical term of high blood pressure called hypertension. Some factors here that are responsible for high blood pressure and should be noticed if you suffer from hypertension.
- Family History
- Consumption of alcohol
- Use excess amount of salty foods
- Normal Daily physical activity
3) Blood Cholesterol Management
Cholesterol is a type of fatty acids, bad and good cholesterols are present in our body and our body needs cholesterol, when level of these cholesterol improper in our blood leading to strokes and attacks. So management of cholesterol consumption is very important to prevent of heart diseases. Two types of cholesterol
- Good Cholesterol (LDL low density lipoproteins)
- Bad Cholesterol (HDL high density lipoproteins)
Number of healthy food that can lower the level of bad cholesterol include
- Beans and legumes
- Blue berries
- Dark Chocolate
- Leafy green vegetables
- Fatty fish
- Orange juice
4) Reduce Meal Size
The most important point is what you eat? Is this good for you? If you take food in divides portions with low calorie diet, nutrient rich food so this practice make your body as well your heart much healthier. Some specific measurement that you use in you daily routine
Chicken/fish 2-3 ounces
Pasta ½ cup
5) Use of more Vegetables and Fruits
Fruit and Vegetables are the major source of essential nutrients and fibers. If you take more amount of fruits and Vegetables, you will become healthier because these contains so many beneficial substances that will prevent your body form cardiovascular diseases.
6) Addition of Grains
Use of grains in our diet is also very helpful for your body because whole grains contains fibers and nutrients that are helpful for regulating blood pressure and heart health. List of some grains you can use
- Whole wheat flour
- Whole grain bread
- High fiber cereal 5g
7) Control Unwanted fats
To limit the use of saturated and trans fatty acid is very important to decrease the level of blood cholesterol and also reduce the risk of heart coronary diseases leak to strokes and heart attack.
|Trans fat||Don’t use in diet|
|Saturate fat||If you consume 2000 calories/day so limit not More than 11-13g or not more than 5-6% of your daily calorie usage|
Best source of good fatty acids must be added in our diet for example
- Vegetable oil
- Olive oil
- Canola oil
8) Management of Diabetes
Diabetes is also very dangerous if it is not manageable lead to serious heart attack or strokes. So, the question comes in my mind what should I to manage my diabetes.
HbA1c is average blood sugar which give results past three months, if this average is high so indicate that in future patient may go to kidney, heart failure etc. High level of blood sugar badly affects heart muscles, blood vessels and kidneys. Our goals are to reduce this level ultimately result better life.
9) Heart disease in Family history
Patient more prone to heart disease if having any family history, research says that family history of heart diseases also effects on heart health. If we adopt better life style, manage diabetes, take healthy diet, quit smoking so chances of life become better and reduce chances of stroke.
You can also Check:
- Common Foods That Cause Heart Disease
- Some Tips to Get Rid of Heartburn
- 07 Risk Factors For Coronary Heart Disease
- Heart Touching Quotes about Rhythm
- How and When To Take Blood Pressure ?