Hives second name is Urticaria. Urticaria or hives is a condition in which the person suffers red itchy patches or welts appear on any part of the skin. These red itchy patches are of varying size either small or large. These have no specific size. These hives are caused due to any allergic reaction or may arise due to any unknown cause and usually last for shorter duration’s which can be treated via natural remedies for hives. Stress is also considered as triggering factor for initiating hives if person is already allergic. Hives is of two types
- Hives which last only for six weeks are called as Acute Hives.
- Hives which appear for more than duration of six weeks are Chronic Hives.
Best Natural Remedies for Hives
These are some hive treatment home remedies that you can follow as first aid if you have hives problem.
- If your hives itchy red patches are not disappearing you can use wet cloth and place on your skin. It will give you relief.
- Try to avoid those things to which you are allergic because avoiding the triggering factors of hives is the best remedy to get rid of hives.
- Prefer staying at cool places if you are having hives or Urticaria problem.
Here are some commonly used methods for hives allergy treatment which can give you quick relief from symptoms of hives. Follow these natural remedies for hives to get cure.
Method # 1
Take these ingredients to prepare mixture for allergy hives treatment.
Vinegar 1 table spoon
Lukewarm water 1 table spoon
- Take both of these ingredients and mix them properly.
- Apply the formed mixture on to your skin with the help of cotton at areas affected with hives.
- This will help you get relief and soothe your skin preventing itching.
Method # 2
Take the following ingredients
Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
Water Few drops
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda and mix few water drops in it to make the paste.
- Apply the paste of baking soda and water on affected skin area
- This paste will prevent itching and treat hives faster.
Method # 3
Gather required ingredients to prepare the mixture for hives.
Brown sugar ¼ cup
Fresh Ginger 1 tablespoon
Vinegar ¾ cup
- Take the above mentioned ingredients and boil them for few minutes
- After boiling add some warm water in the mixture
- Apply this mixture to hives affected part of skin for getting relief.
These are the commonly used natural remedies for hives but if you cannot treat hives by these natural remedies you can go for medical treatment. Usually first choice for hives treatment is use of Anti-histamines. If Anti-Histamines are not providing cure, physicians also provide oral corticosteroids depending on the severity.
You can also Check:
- How to Get Rid of Hives
- 4 Ways to Treat a Chigger Bites Using Natural Remedies
- How to Treat Knee Pain
- 4 Ways to Treat a Jammed Fingers Using Natural Remedies
- 3 Ways to Treat a Staph Infection Using Natural Remedies