Normal human body blood pressure is 120/80 mm-Hg. If the Blood pressure reading is below 90/60 mm-Hg than it is considered hypo-tension (low blood pressure). It should be considered seriously and immediately because in some cases it is life threatening condition.
Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure
Patients with ongoing low blood pressure if suffer any of these symptom then they must visit doctor immediately because low blood pressure can lead to serious problems.
You feel faint
Low Blood Pressure After Surgery
Whenever a surgery of any patient is performed there are always some potential risks one of them is hypo tension, commonly called as Low Blood pressure. It can cause damage to various vital body organs which include brain and heart because of low oxygen supply.
Reason of Low Blood Pressure after Surgery
Most of the Patients face ongoing fall in blood pressure after surgery, which is most probably due to these reasons.
- Loss of Blood
- Heart Problems
- Severe Allergic reactions
- Long term effect of Anesthetic agents or Analgesics
- Acute Infection
Some important reasons are discussed in detail
Before performing surgery, anesthetic drugs are administered to the patients, which might lower the blood pressure of the patient after surgery. It varies from patient to patient. In some, it causes significant decrease in blood pressure and they require special monitoring of blood pressure, while some patients have only negligible fall in blood pressure.
It is the serious condition in which significant amount of blood is lost from the body. In surgery also, a lot of blood is lost leading to significant drop in blood level and leads to Hypovolemic shock which is the cause of low blood pressure after surgery.
Septic shock results from various infections like bacterial, viral or fungal. It is also serious condition because it causes the loss of fluid to the tissues leading to low blood pressure. Patients are prone to infections after surgery and chance of septic shock also increase which is one of the reason of low blood pressure in patients after surgery.
Treatment of Low Blood Pressure after Surgery
After surgery if the blood pressure of patients is low than give him the following treatment. Give patient
- Intravenous fluids
- Medicines to raise Blood pressure
- (Phenylephrine is the most commonly used medicine to increase blood pressure, In US it is available as Neosynephrine)
If the condition is not very serious you can treat low pressure on your own by following these methods
- Try to drink fluids more to keep yourself hydrated
- Add some more salt to your feed it will help to raise blood pressure ( but it should be confirmed from doctor prior to adding salt)
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine because these causes dehydration and ultimately hypo-tension
- To keep the blood flow normal in your body stand up slowly and also move around slowly.
Make habit of eating frequent and small meals because some people suffer problem of low blood pressure after their meal. If you start taking small meals, it will help you to overcome this problem.
- Does Alcohol Raise Blood Pressure
- How Much Alcohol Raise Blood Pressure?
- 10 Incredible Health Benefits Of Green Tea