Shortness of breath is seen commonly among most people. In medical terms this condition is called as “Dyspnea”. In this condition you cannot breathe properly you feel difficulty and suffocated. This situation lasts for some time and you may feel chest pain and trouble breathing. This problem can range from mild to severe. If you know what causes heavy breathing then solution is easy. You should also avoid things that cause shortness of breath. Here are some ways about how to manage shortness of breath.
How to Manage Shortness of Breath
Following are the easy and best ways about how to manage shortness of breath if you cannot get the medical care immediately.
Whenever you suffer dyspnea or shortness of breath the first thing that you need to do to manage it is deep breathing which is also called as diaphragmatic or abdominal breathing in medical term. Proper way to follow this procedure is following:
- Lie down in relax position with your hands on your abdomen.
- Firstly you need breath in deeply via nose, your abdomen will expand and ultimately lungs will be filled up with air.
- While you breathe in, hold it for few seconds.
- Now slowly breathe out via mouth and air will be expelled out of your lungs.
- Repeat this procedure at least 10 times
If you have dyspnea problem repeating this breathing exercise thrice daily will help you to deal with this problem.
Inhaling steam will also be good if you are having shortness of breath because when we inhale steam, the moisture content and heat removes mucus and also it helps in decongestion of nasal passages. It can be done in the following way.
- Take a bowl of water and fill it with boiling hot water.
- You can add peppermint oil in it.
- Cover your head with towel and put your face above bowl
- Slowly inhale steam and deep breathe it for few minutes
This method is helpful in normalizing the shortness of breath problem.
Ginger tea plays important role in treating the shortness of breath problem because of its natural expectorant properties it helps in nasal or chest congestion which cause difficulty in breathing. Ginger tea can be prepared by following method.
- Take water and boil it and add ginger into it.
- Cover it for 10 minutes and then pass it through strainer
- Add small amount of honey in it and drink this tea
This is an effective remedy in treating shortness of breath
These are the ways of how to manage shortness of breath but if this problem is severe must consult doctor. There is nursing care plan for shortness of breath as well which can be helpful.
You can also Check:
- Seene Ki Jalan Ka ilaj
- Cigarette Effect on Lungs
- Best Helpful Tips for Take Care of your Health
- Stress Management for Parents of Special Needs Children
- Amazing Benefits of Yoga and its Types