Rasgullas are the favorite sweet of all people but only few people know how to make rasgulla. Recipe of rasgullas is very easy. Rasgullas taste so delicious and yummy that everyone likes to eat them. These can be easily made at home if you know that how to make rasgullas?
Ingredients of How to Make Rasgulla
|Milk||1 litre / 04 cups|
|1 litre / 04 cups||2-3 tablespoons|
|Water||4 cups/1 liter|
|Rose water||1-2 tablespoon|
|Cardamom powder||½ tablespoon|
- First of all take the milk in any pan and boil it. If the milk has cream, on it than remove the cream.
- After boiling the milk add 1-3 tablespoon of lemon juice in it but add it in steps with constant stirring. Milk will curdle on adding lemon juice if it is not curdled than add 1 tablespoon more. You can also use yogurt/curd or vinegar instead of lemon juice.
- When the milk is curdling, green watery whey will be seen in it, so remove it from the flame.
- Now take muslin lined strainer and pass the curdled milk through it.
- To remove the lemon taste, rinse this coagulated curdled milk with the running water.
- Squeeze the muslin strainer to remove all extra water, by holding muslin strainer within your hands very well. Removal of excess water is necessary because water can break rassgullas
- Now put this curdled milk also called as ‘Chenna’ under heavy weight for about 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, separate in a pan from muslin strainer and it should be too much dry and not moisture containing as well.
- Take 1 tablespoon sooji and add it into the chenna and mix them properly. Instead of sooji/rava, all purpose flour can also be used.
- After properly mixing sooji in chenna, now knead the mixture to get the proper chenna texture. When you feel your hands greasy while kneading, stop further kneading because it is the required texture.
- Now take some kneaded chenna and roll it into palms of your hands to make small balls called rasgullas
- Make number of small balls (rasgullas) from the kneaded chenna and put them aside by covering with kitchen towel.
Sugar Syrup for Rasgullas
- Take pan with 04 cups of water in it and add 2 cups of sugar in it. Try to use large pan because you are going to add all rasgullas in this pan in the next step so make sure of enough space for all rasgullas.
- Put this pan on flame and start heating this water sugar solution with constant stirring until the sugar gets dissolved in the water completely.
- This sugar water solution might have impurities in it which can alter rasgullas taste so do the trick by adding 1 tablespoon milk in it which will help removing impurities.
- Added milk will cause impurities to float in solution surface. Pass this solution through muslin strainer.
- Put ½ cup sugar solution aside and add the remaining in the pan again and boil it.
- Now add rasgullas into the sugar solution when it is hot.
- Shake the pan with hands and without using spoon.
- Afterwards cover this pan and reduce the flame to medium and let rasgullas cook properly.
- Add remaining ½ cup sugar solution (which you kept aside) in it in step wise manner after 5 minutes.
- Cook the rasgullas in sugar solution for at least 10 minutes.
- When the rasgullas are cooked remove from the stove and add these to the pan containing 1 cup sugar solution.
- Now add rose water/ cardamom powder in it and let the rasgullas soaked in sugar solution for atleast 30 minutes
- Afterwards put these in refrigerator and then serve these.
This is how to make rasgullas. Must try these recipes at home.
You can also check: