Blood pressure levels must be maintained at normal levels. Blood pressure is of two types which are systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure. Fluctuations in normal systolic blood pressure or diastolic blood pressure can cause problems or can be underlying cause of other disease condition. Measurement of exact blood pressure meaning is you must know when to take blood pressure.
There are certain substances or things which cause temporary increase in blood pressure levels simply eschewing these things can stabilize blood pressure levels. So it is important when to take blood pressure ? If you have eaten salt or you have smoked cigarette it will cause temporary and eminent change in blood pressure. Factors that affect blood pressure are
- Stress conditions
- Intake of Caffeine
- Use of some drugs
- Doing exercise
- Cold temperature
Additionally hypertension or hypotension patients should keep check on blood pressure levels and they should check it twice daily at morning and evening. But make sure measure blood before eating and before taking medication. Because food and medications can alter blood pressure levels leading to inaccurate values.
- Take two or three readings to get the accurate value. Blood pressure measured over tightened sleeves also gives wrong values.
- Measuring Blood pressure immediately after waking up is also wrong act. Measure after some time but before exercise, walk or breakfast
- Filled bladder can also cause changes in blood pressure levels. Go to toilet before measuring your blood pressure.
So do not take blood pressure while doing these activities or immediately after these. Follow are precautions to get the accurate values.
How To Take Blood Pressure ?
- Select any quiet and peaceful place to check blood pressure because you need to hear heartbeat.
- Prefer measuring blood pressure from left arm. Roll up sleeve on left arm. If you are wearing tight sleeves remove it.
- Your arm must be in level with heart. So sit on chair and put your arm on table for at least 5 minutes.
- Palm of hand placed on table comfortably should be facing up side.
- Sit straight on the chair and do not cross legs.
These are the set standards for measuring exact values of blood pressure. Follow these steps to measure Bp accurately but besides these check your apparatus as well. Sometimes you get wrong values because your apparatus is faulted or showing wrong values.
You can also check: