Swollen feet are seen in most of the people which make it difficult for them to walk and run. Ankle and foot pain and swelling can be due to multiple reasons. This condition in medical terms is called as edema. Swelling in the feet and ankles is symptom of edema. It is not any dangerous disease if you have just edema. Sometimes people with diseases like kidney problem, heart problem have swollen feet. Pregnant females also suffer from this condition but it vanishes away after some days. This condition becomes real concern if your swelling of feet and ankle increases and remains persistent than you should go for check up because it could be indication of any major problem. Swelling feet causes can vary from person to person. In normal cases you can treat swollen feet at home by following some home remedies for swollen feet.
Easy Home Remedies for Swollen Feet
For treating a swollen ankle and feet you need to follow these home remedies for swollen feet which can give you relief from this condition.
Soaking in Salt Water
Soaking you feet in salt water is an effective home remedy for treating swelling in ankle and feet. Epsom salt is preferred to use because of its analgesic properties and it improves blood circulation in feet as well.
- Take half cup of Epsom salt and add it to warm water in tub
- Soak your feet in this water for 15 minutes
- To get quick relief repeat this procedure thrice a week
This home remedy for swollen feet will reduce the inflammation and pain will also be vanished.
Use of Coriander Seeds
Coriander is another previously used home remedy for relief of edema. Coriander exhibits anti-inflammatory action which helps it treating this condition.
- Take one cup of water and add 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds in it
- Boil this coriander containing water to get a solution
- When the solution quantity is reduced to half remove it from heating
- Pass this solution through strainer and drink it
- Use this remedy daily for instant effect of edema
Coriander seed will treat this condition and make you healthy and able to walk comfortably again.
Use of Hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy is a technique which is being used for treating pain and swelling in feet and ankle. In this method both hot and cold water are used because cold water is meant for anti-inflammatory action while hot water plays role in improving blood circulation through the feet.
- Take two water tubs one with cold water and other with hot water
- Place your feet in cold water firstly for few (3 to 4) minutes
- Now place you feet in hot water immediately for one minute
- Repeat this method at least 15 times
These procedures will relief your condition f swollen feet and ankle.
These are the easiest and quicker home remedies for swollen feet which can treat your edema and make you walk again. But if your edema condition is persistent must visit doctor to find out the real cause behind it.
You can also check:
- Home Remedies for Cold Feet
- How to Lighten Your Dark Hands and Feet
- Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenails
- Home Remedies for Toenail Fungus