Ingrown toenails which are medically termed as unguis incarnates or onychocryptosis. In this condition the toenail gets dig into the skin and toe becomes inflamed. It causes too much pain. With the help of home remedies for ingrown toenails you can make this condition less painful and treat them at home very well. Diabetics should take special care of their nails and if they have ingrown fingernail or toenail problem must visit doctor or ingrown toenail specialist instead of trying home treatment because the situation can get worse and it become difficult to treat it. Healthy and normal individual can treat it easily on his own if he has signs of a ingrown toenail. Most of the people ask can you get an ingrown toenail on any toe. Yes you can and further details are given below:
Cause of Ingrown Toenail
Ingrown toenail problem is seen mostly in elderly people and rarely in children and ratio among male and female is almost same. It can be aroused due to following reasons.
- Wearing uncomfortable shoes like tight shoes or very high heels.
- While cutting nails leaving the edges can cause this problem
- Thickened nails due to any infection like fungal can cause ingrown toenails.
- It also transfers genetically if parents or any family member has this problem than chances are there children when come in elder ages may acquire this problem.
Painless Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenails
If you have ingrown toenail problem and you do not want to bear ingrown toenail surgery pain than you can use the following tips to deal with the pain and inflammation and ultimately it would be fine.
Tip # 1
Epsom salt is considered good in case of problem of ingrown nails and its use is very effective.
- Take water bath with warm water in it but it should not be very hot
- Add two tablespoons of Epsom salt in water bath.
- Now soak your feet in it for at least 10 minutes
- You can use this method two times every day.
This method will give you relief from ingrown toenail and inflammation will also be reduced.
Tip # 2
You can also use ointment containing antibiotic in it which can be very effective to treat condition of ingrown nails.
- Take antibiotic ointment in the required quantity
- Apply it to the ingrown toenail area
- Now bandage your toe and leave it
- Wear comfortable shoes afterwards
This method also relieves pain and inflammation and your condition will be fine soon.
You can also check:
- Home Remedies for Swollen Feet?
- Home Remedies for Cold Feet
- How to Lighten Your Dark Hands and Feet?
- Home Remedies for Toenail Fungus?